Please note that you need to also purchase a battery for this electric bicycle.
Learn about the different eZee Expedir frame types and options here. OR Learn about which accessories you can fit on your Expedir here.
The Expedir recently completed an across Australia jaunt, fully loaded, and without vehicle support being ridden by a 63 year old. It can take real world conditions.
We're very excited to introduce an electric cargo bike, new to the market worldwide.
The Expedir is a 'mid tail' cargo bike, not as long at the back as a Yuba Mundo but longer than a Yuba Boda Boda. The result is a cargo bike with unrivalled pulling power that's also easier to handle, quicker to get on and off and can park in places where normal bikes fit. How did it do this? The rear wheel is a 24" wheel and the front is 26", allowing the cargo area at the back to be a bit lower which makes for a nicer ride when carrying gear and a bike that's easier to balance.
Another unique trait is the 'low step through' (LST) model offered on the Expedir. The LST is particularly useful for shorter riders or anyone who isn't super confident riding heavy bikes as it allows them to get on and off easily. A common issue with a long tail bike is that with a child on the back a rider might have to tilt the bike over a bit in order to get their leg over the cross bar. The LST doesn't have that issue, you can step right over with the bike in its upright balanced position.
This is the first release of the bike so some of the accessories aren't available yet, but it can already fit many of the accessories that fit on a Yuba bike.
So who is the Expedir designed for? Anyone who wants to do all their daily activities by bicycles, especially those with some kids who need moving around. The Expedir is a sensible choice for people doing some very normal things, like dropping kids (and their bags) off at school on the way to work, where they need their own bag as well, plus any shopping they need to pick up on the way home.
In comparison with other electric bikes on the market, the Expedir has a few unique properties:
- best hill climbing out of any electric cargo bike on the market plus full range of battery sizes (10Ah, 15Ah and extra long range 20Ah) means this is a very versatile cargo bike for use in any area for any person over many distances.
- low cargo rack at rear and reasonably short bike overall makes for an easy handling cargo bike.
- Cromoly steel frame has allowed the low step through design to be made without compromising structural integrity
- True complete electric bike, not a conversion. This means the battery comes out using the normal flip seat method, doesn't interfere with cargo space. AXA wheel lock fits the frame, lights come integrated with L1000 option, both tyres Marathon Plus, all standard eZee parts used with unbeatable warranty and support.
- Comes standard with double leg kickstand, speedo, front and rear lights.
You can browse all of our cargo bicycles here.