- Online Store
- Bicycle Shop
- Cape York e-bike adventure!
- Reviews and Rides
Electric bike conversions and retrofit kits
We've been having so much fun with our electric bike conversions lately that we're dedicating a section to them. For some background info, we recommend and sell the unbeatable eZeebike conversion kit. You can read our blog post about the pros and cons of electric bike conversions compared to complete electric bikes or just read on...
What makes our conversion kits better?
To really understand the difference between our kits and others you really need to ride our e-bikes and feel for yourself. Failing that, here is a small list of things that make our conversion kits top-notch quality and value for money:
* Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres. The motor wheel comes with a Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyre, genuine Schwalbe innertube and Schwalbe high pressure rim tape valued at $98. This tyre is famous throughout the world for durability and puncture protection. We are so impressed with it that we've added our own guarantee against punctures when we sell this tyre. Flat tyres are bad in the best of times and when you are using a hub motor the stakes are higher because you don't want to take your motor wheel on and off all the time. We can also supply a matching tyre for your non-motorised wheel.
* All motors are disc brake compatible and come with 180mm disc rotor. All kits come with optional e-brake levers to cut off the motor when brakes are applied
* Pedal sensors are supplied with kits (but no guarantee that it will fit on your bike!)
* Three battery mount options. First is the 'city battery rack' where the battery is lockable and removable underneath a carrier rack for a slick look and ability to carry pannier bags or baskets. Secondly there is the 'battery pannier bag' mount for the battery - waterproof, well presented and allows you to use whatever carrier rack you want and still put a pannier bag on the other side or accessories on top of the rack (removable but not lockable battery). Finally the 'mountain bike rack' is the seat post clamp option for soft tail mountain bikes or other bikes that can't accommodate normal pannier racks.
* 37V batteries with 10Ah and 14Ah options
* Unmatched 2 year battery and motor warranty
* Unbeatable water resistance. See this photo of the motor controllor functioning under running water.
* The kit is light enabled. It has a switch on the front and a cable coming out to go to a 36V light. And yes, we also supply the lights and other e-bike accessories.
* Other great accessories available with the kit such as front and rear lights, double kick stand, metal front basket (V-brake mounts required), pannier bags, saddle bags and more.
Conversions we have done lately
Here's a quick rundown on some of our favourites. Photos and details to come soon. You can see some photos on our Flickr e-bike conversion set now.
* Kona Ute Electric Cargo Bike. This was one of our earlier conversions. We took it on a little test ride from Canberra to Melbourne and it performed very well.
* Adult Tricycle Conversion. Last week a man brought this bright blue trike in to be converted (it's for his mum). We converted it, complete with front headlight. Battery in the battery pannier bag adapted nicely to be held outside the cargo cage.
* Giant Cypress City conversion, mainly to display the mountain bike rack seat post clamp battery option.
* Giant Transend 2 Womens conversion with the battery pannier bag on our Flickr conversion page now.
* Custom built cargo bike with eZee electric conversion