Enormously Useful. Surprisingly Smaller.
The HSD is mighty but mini: It’s easy to handle, easy to share, extremely comfortable to ride, carries a whole lot of cargo—and all of this in a compact design that’s shorter than a standard bicycle.
Ready to Haul
Despite its diminutive stature, the HSD is a mid-sized cargo bike with some serious hauling capacity. With a maximum gross vehicle weight of 170 kg (374 lb) and an XL-sized Atlas H Rack™, it’ll carry a week’s worth of groceries or camping equipment for the weekend. It even has a dedicated trailer mount, so adding extra cargo is a cinch.
Hauling big loads? Check out how to secure cargo and make good use of that 170 kg MGVW.
The HSD flips up for convenient vertical parking. Take it upstairs in an elevator and park it inside at home or at work—it needs just a wee bit of floor space.
- Bosch® Active Line Plus or with Purion display
- 400 or 500 Wh battery
- Custom Suntour suspension fork
- 9-speed Shimano® Alivio Shadow RD derailleur
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes
- Abus® keyed-alike frame lock
- Fits riders from 150 to 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5”)
- Fits one Thule® Yepp Maxi, Yepp Nexxt Maxi, or Bobike® GO Maxi child seat—no adapters needed
BELLS & WHISTLES
Happiness Shared Daily
The best things in life are meant to be shared, and the HSD is one of them. The HSD resizes in seconds to fit riders from 150 to 195 cm (4’11” to 6’5”) so everybody in the family—from teens to grandparents—can enjoy the ride. The Easy-Step frame design is nice and low for easy mounts and dismounts.
Tern provides two different warranties based on the type of road the bicycle model was designed to be ridden on:
1. Graded and Maintained Gravel Roads (HSD, GSD)
This Tern bike is designed for individual personal use: riding with both wheels in contact with paved roads or graded and maintained gravel roads.
2. Paved Roads Only (All other Tern bicycles)
This Tern bike is designed for individual personal use: riding with both wheels in contact with paved roads only.
In addition, all Tern bikes are not intended for racing, jumps, hops, wheelies, or similar activities which may cause damage to the bicycle and risk injury or death to the rider.
The warranty information below refers to all Tern bicycles.
Tern bicycles are sold on behalf of our company (“Tern”) by selected Authorized Tern Dealers who understand the assembly and service needs of our products. Tern provides a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship to the original retail purchaser (“Owner”) of a Tern bicycle from the date of purchase according to the following terms:
- Five Years: Frame, Handlepost, and Fork
- One Year: All Tern or BioLogic branded parts and components, except as noted below.
- Other: Any other parts or components are covered by the stated warranty of the original manufacturer of that part or component.
This warranty supersedes any other warranty supplied by Tern.
Extended 10-Year Warranty
Owners who sign up for Tern Care will be covered by an extended 10-year warranty for the Frame, Handlepost, and Fork, as long as they sign up within 30 days of purchase and are the original purchasers. In addition, the bike must have been assembled by an Authorized Tern Dealer at the time of purchase—regardless of whether the bike was purchased from a physical or online store.
The following items are excluded from the extended 10-year warranty:
- Paint finish
- Bikes for commercial use
- All other parts not specifically listed (for example, but not limited to: Motorized Drive System)
The warranty does not mean that the Frame, Handlepost, and Fork are indestructible. All materials can fail if pushed beyond design and manufacturing limits. It simply means that these items are covered under the specific terms of this limited warranty.