Still Small. Even More Useful.
With a 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight, the GSD is ready to replace your car. It’ll let you carry two kids plus groceries, or a whole lot of cargo—but it’s the same length as a regular bike. Built-in dual-battery technology lets you ride all day, while space-saving features like FlatFold and Vertical Parking make the GSD incredibly easy to own and use.
Carries Your Family
The Tern ecosystem of passenger-carrying accessories fits your family—now, and five years from now. Carry two little ones in child seats and watch as they grow into (and out of) the Clubhouse. Give your spouse a lift on date night with the Captain’s Chair. Snap a photo of the day your teen graduates to carrying you.
Upgrades over standard GSD S10
- Larger 500 Wh battery (compared to 400 Wh)
- Super comfortable Cane Creek Thudbuster G4 suspension seat post
- Super bright Ignis headlight, Ultra wide 700 lumens, Hi/Lo Beam
- Bosch® Cargo Line Motor provides up to 85 Nm of torque and 400% support
- Bosch dual-battery system (500/1000 Wh) for a range of up to 206 km (128 mi)
- Shimano® Deore 1 × 10-speed hub for smooth, efficient shifting
- Super tough Atlas Lockstand™ auto-locks when engaged—just press a button on the handlebars to unlock
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rear rack and integrated lower decks
- Powerful and responsive Magura® MT5 eSTOP 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Always-on RearStop™ Brake Light helps you safely signal stops
- Upgraded Atlas Wheels with custom CNC machined hubs for extra strength and durability
- Cane Creek® Thudbuster ST Suspension Seatpost for an extra-cushy ride
- Ultra-bright Ignis™ Headlight ensures 24/7 visibility, no matter the weather
BELLS & WHISTLES
One Size Fits Most
The GSD has an adjustable cockpit that resizes in seconds and without tools to fit riders 150 – 195 cm tall (4’11” – 6’5”), so you can easily share it with your family. The updated frame geometry with a slacker seat tube angle and higher handlebars also means the GSD doesn’t just fit—it’s more comfortable too.
Tern provides two different warranties based on the type of road the bicycle model was designed to be ridden on:
1. Graded and Maintained Gravel Roads (HSD, GSD)
This Tern bike is designed for individual personal use: riding with both wheels in contact with paved roads or graded and maintained gravel roads.
2. Paved Roads Only (All other Tern bicycles)
This Tern bike is designed for individual personal use: riding with both wheels in contact with paved roads only.
In addition, all Tern bikes are not intended for racing, jumps, hops, wheelies, or similar activities which may cause damage to the bicycle and risk injury or death to the rider.
The warranty information below refers to all Tern bicycles.
Tern bicycles are sold on behalf of our company (“Tern”) by selected Authorized Tern Dealers who understand the assembly and service needs of our products. Tern provides a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship to the original retail purchaser (“Owner”) of a Tern bicycle from the date of purchase according to the following terms:
Five Years: Frame, Handlepost, and Fork
One Year: All Tern or BioLogic branded parts and components, except as noted below.
Other: Any other parts or components are covered by the stated warranty of the original manufacturer of that part or component.
This warranty supersedes any other warranty supplied by Tern.
Extended 10-Year Warranty
Owners who sign up for Tern Care will be covered by an extended 10-year warranty for the Frame, Handlepost, and Fork, as long as they sign up within 30 days of purchase and are the original purchasers. In addition, the bike must have been assembled by an Authorized Tern Dealer at the time of purchase—regardless of whether the bike was purchased from a physical or online store.
The following items are excluded from the extended 10-year warranty:
Bikes for commercial use
All other parts not specifically listed (for example, but not limited to: Motorized Drive System)
The warranty does not mean that the Frame, Handlepost, and Fork are indestructible. All materials can fail if pushed beyond design and manufacturing limits. It simply means that these items are covered under the specific terms of this limited warranty.