Perth to Sydney electric bicycle tour with eZee
Perth to Sydney electric bicycle tour
The Bikes and Gadgets
Bike 1 - Wai Won Ching will be testing out his latest worldwide release - the eZee Expedir - new to the market and already the best value and performing cargo electric bicycle, about to be tested to a standard no others can match! He's using the standard Expedir, with additional eZee 80 litre capacity pannier bags and L1000 super bright front e-bike light.
Bike 2 - Maurice's ride: eZee Torq Titanium - already the ultimate electric touring bicycle without peer in the world, the Torq Titanium takes it up a level! Maurice's bike is the factory offering from eZee for the Torq Titanium with a swag of titanium components including forks, handlebar, cassette and bottom bracket and titanium tubus rear rack and the brand new 36V 28Ah battery.
Bike 3 - Abraham's customised eZee Torq Titanium. Abraham, known for his exquisite (and expensive!) taste in all things bike and electric, started with the beautiful titanium torq frame and built up around it. He's also fully equipped with dataloggers of electric and human power, GPS data including speed, altitude and gradient and is able to charge USB devices and a mini laptop from the e-bike battery! Here's a rundown of the salient points:
- GrinTech Cycle Analogger w/ GPS
- GrinTech Cycle Luminator - multi brigtness front, 8 LED rear light
- Cycle Analyst V3
- Thun torque & rpm sensing bottom bracket (to measure human power)
- Tubus chromoly front and rear racks
- Touring handle bars & Vaude waterproof handlebar bag
- Ortlieb Front and Back Roller Classic waterproof pannier bags
- Thudbuster long travel suspension seatpost
- 1 x GrinTech 12V 20W DC-DC converter for netbook charging
- 1 x GrinTech 12V 20W DC-DC converter connected to dual USB cigarette adapter for phone and GoPro charging
- Schwalbe Marathon Mondial touring tyres
We're packing 56Ah of batteries each, enough to take us 200km without a charge. This includes one super size 36V 28Ah battery, brand new to the world market and on sale for $1649 rrp. Amazingly this battery fits in the same case as the 36V 20Ah battery and is the same weight (5.5kg)!