Tern GSD S10 w/400Wh
Enormously Useful. Surprisingly Small.
The GSD is designed to carry two kids, a week’s worth of groceries, or 180 kg of cargo, but it’s only 180 cm long—the same length as a standard bike. With Tern’s best-in-class folding technology, it packs down small enough to fit in a VW Touran or an urban apartment. Plus, it adjusts to fit riders from 150 – 195 cm—so mom, dad and the kids can all share it.
- Bosch® Performance Line motor
- Bosch dual-battery system (400/500/900 Wh) for a range of up to 220 km
- Magura® MT5 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Custom 62 mm Schwalbe® Super Moto-X tires with puncture protection
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rack
- Boost thru-axle hubs
- Wide range of accessories, including the Cargo Hold Panniers
- Andros stem for handlebar height and reach adjustments
- Fits two Thule Yepp Maxi child seats, or one Thule Yepp Nexxt Maxi seat—no adapters needed
Glowworm's 2 cents
The Tern GSD has really shifted the cargo bike market, opening up cargo bike riding to a larger audience. The telescopic seat post and adjustable handlebar allows for a comfortable ride across family members. The compact size is a huge appeal to families living in dense Sydney housing. The bike can neatly fit in the hallway, taking up little to no space. And as your needs change as your family grows, there is great range of accessories to meet those circumstances head on and keep you riding. Just a few tips...1) the brakes are amazing, so brake gently only applying a little pressure. 2) the Clubhouse can only take one Yepp baby seat, in the front position. With the front baby seat installed, there is little to no room for a second child in the rear seating position. 3) I would strongly resist the urge to store the bike on the rear, unless it is firmly secured to a secondary position.