The E-HORNET is a hybrid solution that can fit regular bikes or e-bikes; 2 e-bikes, or 1 e-bike and 2 regular bikes or 3 regular bikes.
The E-HORNET is very strong, stable and easy to use rack to transport the heaviest e-bikes. The wide wheel supports allow to mount most regular bike sizes and tire sizes. The E-HORNET sits high on the hitch, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
Key features of the E-HORNET
Holding the bike: Simply position the bike on the wheel support. Adjust the clamp position by sliding it around the vertical tubular frame to find the perfect fit with the bike frame. Clamp the frame, attach the wheels using the ratchet straps, lock the clamps.
Lighting system: The E-HORNET comes with a 7 pin lighting system. The E-HORNET H was designed to receive our different lights and license plate supports.
Tilting: Tilting is easy, and is very well balanced even with a full load. Towball: The E-HORNET sits quite high on the tow ball, and the tilt function is optimised to prevent the lights from hitting the road surface, while still using the weight of the bikes to help bring the bike platform back to the level again in a controlled way. This geometry doesn’t allow for tall vertical tailgates to be opened – e.g. VW Transporter T5 and T6.
Carrying bikes and e-bikes
- The wheel holders will accommodate all wheelbases (not tandem!), even small children’s bikes.
- The long rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 4” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The lockable frame arms hold your bikes securely and can be attached to any part of the frame, or the seat post. They can be locked using the same key as the tow ball attachment system.
- The maximum permitted load is 60kg (132lbs), with no bike weighing more than 30kg (66lbs)
Other features and basic specifications
- A reminder that it locks to the car.
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall – which happens!
- A loading ramp is available separately.
- Hitch - Made to fit 2″ receiver tubes, equipped with a locking hitch bolt and tool included. Towball - When you first place the E-HORNET 2 on the tow ball it supports itself – you can let go of it and it won’t fall to the ground. You’ll then take the weight again, spin the tightening knob until it’s tight, and lock it. BUZZRACK‘s carriers comply with the very exacting standard XPR-18-904-4 and therefore include an anti-sway tensioner; this has an integrated handle and 2 or 3 turns are usually sufficient.